News & Reviews« All News & Reviews
Austin Symphony Moves Back to Auditorium Shores for July Fourth Concert, Adds AT&T as New SponsorJune 2, 2015
- Who: The Austin Symphony Orchestra
- What: The H-E-B Austin Symphony 39th Annual July 4th Concert and Fireworks presented by U-verse with AT&T Gigapower
- When: Saturday, July 4, 2015 at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Vic Mathias Shores (Formerly Auditorium Shores) at The Long Center
- Cost: ABSOLUTELY FREE FOR ALL
- Contact: Eric Marshall, Public Relations Manager – 512-476-6064
Austin, TX – The Austin Symphony Orchestra (ASO) announced today it has partnered with AT&T to present its Annual Fourth of July Concert. The H-E-B Austin Symphony 39th Annual July 4th Concert and Fireworks presented by AT&T U-verse is planned, produced, and performed entirely by the Austin Symphony, with the help of its generous sponsors. This year’s celebration will, once again, be back on the banks of Lady Bird Lake at Vic Mathias Shores (formerly Auditorium Shores) in front of the Long Center for the Performing Arts. The orchestra is excited to move back to its home after a one year stint at COTA while the park was under construction.
“With the generous support of AT&T and the continued support of long-time sponsor H-E-B, the Symphony is happy to announce that this year we will produce our biggest fireworks show to date,” commented ASO Executive Director Anthony Corroa. He added, ‘We’re very excited to move back home to the Long Center and Vic Mathias Shores and wanted to show our appreciation to our city, and its wonderful people, by giving them the biggest and best show possible.”
Lisa Maldonado, Senior Public Affairs Coordinator added, “For more than 110 years, H-E-B has contributed to worthy causes throughout Texas and Mexico, and we continue to support our community as strongly as ever. Working with the Austin Symphony to help make July 4th a success is a wonderful opportunity to make an impact in our community.”
“As a member of the Austin community for more than 130 years, AT&T is proud to sponsor an event that brings us all together,” said Jason Cardwell director of sales in south Texas. “We’re passionate about connecting people to each other through community and technology. In fact, U-verse® with AT&T GigaPowerSM, which launched first in Austin in 2013, offers speeds up to 1 gigabit per second* to consumers and small businesses across the greater Austin area. With speeds this fast customers can stay connected to the content and people that matter the most.”
The ASO will perform at 8:30 p.m., followed by “mile-high” fireworks at approximately 9:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
How Best To Get To Vic Mathias Shores
- For the best experience, park north of Lady Bird Lake in the downtown area to avoid the extensive congestion in and around Lamar, Barton Springs Rd. and Riverside (all areas south of the park). In addition, The Bouldin Creek Neighborhood will have neighborhood parking restrictions in place for safety.
Parking along Rights of Way and medians, blocking private drives and lots, and utilizing “Not Permitted” areas may subject you to fines, ticketing and/or towing at your own expense. In addition, parking on green spaces and parkland is prohibited.
- Use the Hike & Bike Trail to get to the park (don’t forget a flashlight).
- Bike to the event. The park is wide open and you can ride your bike directly to the concert site!
- Ride a CapMetro bus. Use a CapMetro trip planner to plan your trip.
- Convention Center Garages – $8, noon to midnight. Take the Cesar Chavez Promenade or the Hike & Bike Trail to the concert site.
- Free parking: State Garages on Trinity between 13th St. & 17th St. near Waterloo Park, State lots on corner of MLK & Trinity and MLK & Brazos.
- One Texas Center – $10, noon to midnight.
- Palmer Events Center Garage – $10, noon to midnight.
- City Hall Garage – $15, noon to midnight.
ADA Parking will be by permit at the Palmer Event Center Garage on a first come, first served basis. Entrance is from the south via Barton Springs Rd.
10 a.m. – Riverside Drive from Lamar to S. 1st St.
6 p.m. – Cesar Chavez between MoPac and Congress. North- and Southbound MoPac will be diverted to 5th St. and Enfield/5th St.
ALL STREETS WILL BE REOPENED NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT.
- Motorized vehicles will be prohibited on the trails.
- The lower portion of the Hike & Bike Trail on the north side of Lady Bird Lake (between Seaholm intake Structure and S. 1st St.) will be closed at 10 a.m. The upper sidewalk will along Cesar Chavez will remain open.
- For safety reasons, Lady Bird Lake between the railroad trestle bridge and the S. 1st St. Bridge will be closed from 8 p.m. to midnight.
Reminders and Allowed/Prohibited Items
- Please leave pets at home, as the fireworks during the performance is highly upsetting to our 4-legged friends.
- Parking will not be allowed in Bouldin Creek neighborhood.
- Remember, you are in an outdoor setting. Wear sensible shoes, clothes and hats for sun protection.
- Pack water for hydration, bug spray and blankets.
- Pack a flashlight if you are traveling the Hike & Bike Trail
- No glass or Styrofoam containers.
- No alcohol allowed in the park.
- No barbeque grills.
- Help keep the park clean. Clean up after yourself.
- Media will park in the Vic Mathias Shores parking lot (NOT on the grass). Media parking is limited to ONE service or production vehicle per station. Personal vehicles must be parked offsite.
HOW TO STAY CONNECTED AND RECEIVE UP TO DATE INFORMATION
- Austin Symphony Orchestra website: http://www.austinsymphony.org
- Follow the Austin Symphony Orchestra on Facebook or Twitter
- For up to date information download our FREE mobile app for Apple or Android devices.
- You can also simply visit our website on your smartphone device and it will automatically prompt you to download the app.
- Internet speed claims represent maximum network service capability speeds. Actual customer speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Actual speeds vary based on factors including site traffic, content provider server capacity, internal network management factors, customer device capabilities and use of other U-verse services. Max speeds may not be realized if 2 or more HD shows viewed at same time. For more info, go to http://www.att.com/speed101