Events« All Events
H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert & Fireworks
- presented by The Austin Symphony
- July 4, 2016 8:29 PM
- where: Vic Mathias Shores directions
- conductor: Peter Bay
Spend this Independence Day with 100,000 of your closest friends! Central Texans will hurry to claim their grassy spot with the Austin Symphony Orchestra this July 4th for the largest Independence Day Celebration in the state. Tens of thousands of families will be decked out in red, white, and blue and heading down to Vic Mathias Shores (formerly Auditorium Shores) this July 4th for an amazing event complete with a fireworks display over the city skyline backed by symphonic patriotic classics. The H-E-B Austin Symphony 40th Annual July 4th Concert and Fireworks is planned, produced, and performed entirely by the Austin Symphony, with the help of its generous sponsors.
The ASO will perform at 8:30 p.m., followed by “mile-high” fireworks at approximately 9:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
Tell your family and friends to mark their calendars now. This is the one outdoor event this year you do not want to miss! So grab a picnic and a blanket, and join us at Vic Mathias Shores to declare your Independence!
We highly encourage you to “Like” our Facebook page, join our Twitter feed and download our free mobile app. You can keep up to date and get notifications on anything related to the July 4th event.
How Best To Get To Vic Mathias Shores
- For the best experience, park north of Lady Bird Lake in the downtown area to avoid the extensive congestion in and around Lamar, Barton Springs Rd. and Riverside (all areas south of the park). In addition, The Bouldin Creek Neighborhood will have neighborhood parking restrictions in place for safety.
Parking along Rights of Way and medians, blocking private drives and lots, and utilizing “Not Permitted” areas may subject you to fines, ticketing and/or towing at your own expense. In addition, parking on green spaces and parkland is prohibited.
- Use the Hike & Bike Trail to get to the park (don’t forget a flashlight).
- Bike to the event. The park is wide open and you can ride your bike directly to the concert site!
- Ride a CapMetro bus. Use a CapMetro trip planner to plan your trip.
- Convention Center Garages – $8, noon to midnight. Take the Cesar Chavez Promenade or the Hike & Bike Trail to the concert site.
- Free parking: State Garages on Trinity between 13th St. & 17th St. near Waterloo Park, State lots on corner of MLK & Trinity and MLK & Brazos.
- Hyatt Regency Austin – $5 per hour up to 5 hours. Anything over 5+ hours is at the $23 or Daily rate). 208 Barton Springs Rd.
- One Texas Center – $10, noon to midnight.
- Palmer Events Center Garage – $10, noon to midnight.
- City Hall Garage – $15, noon to midnight.
ADA Parking will be by permit at the Palmer Event Center Garage on a first come, first served basis. Entrance is from the south via Barton Springs Rd.
10 a.m. – Riverside Drive from Lamar to S. 1st St.
6 p.m. – Cesar Chavez between MoPac and Congress. North- and Southbound MoPac will be diverted to 5th St. and Enfield/5th St.
ALL STREETS WILL BE REOPENED NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT.
- Motorized vehicles will be prohibited on the trails.
- The lower portion of the Hike & Bike Trail on the north side of Lady Bird Lake (between Seaholm intake Structure and S. 1st St.) will be closed at 10 a.m. The upper sidewalk will along Cesar Chavez will remain open.
- For safety reasons, Lady Bird Lake between the railroad trestle bridge and the S. 1st St. Bridge will be closed from 8 p.m. to midnight.
Reminders and Allowed/Prohibited Items
- Please leave pets at home, as the fireworks during the performance is highly upsetting to our 4-legged friends.
- Parking will not be allowed in Bouldin Creek neighborhood.
- Remember, you are in an outdoor setting. Wear sensible shoes, clothes and hats for sun protection.
- Pack water for hydration, bug spray and blankets.
- Pack a flashlight if you are traveling the Hike & Bike Trail
- No glass or Styrofoam containers.
- No alcohol allowed in the park.
- No barbeque grills.
- Help keep the park clean. Clean up after yourself.
- Media will park in the north loop in front of the Palmer Events Center. All media vehicles must arrive before 10 AM for north loop parking.
HOW TO STAY CONNECTED AND RECEIVE UP TO DATE INFORMATION
- Austin Symphony Orchestra website: www.austinsymphony.org
- Follow the Austin Symphony Orchestra on Facebook or Twitter
- For up to date information download our FREE mobile app for Apple or Android devices.
- You can also simply visit our website on your smartphone device and it will automatically prompt you to download the app.
|John Stafford Smith||The Star-Spangled Banner|
|Jerry Goldsmith||The Generals ("MacArthur" & "Patton" Marches)|
|Jeff Tyzik||Armed Forces Song Medley|
|Alex North||Spartacus: Love Theme|
|John Barry||Dances with Wolves Concert Suite|
|John Williams||Star Wars Force Awakens Suite: V. Jedi Steps & Finale|
|John Williams||Olympic Fanfare & Theme|
|Pyotr Tchaikovsky||Overture 1812, Op. 49|
|John Philip Sousa||The Stars & Stripes Forever|
|John Philip Sousa||El Captain March|
|John Philip Sousa||King Cotton March|
|John Philip Sousa||Manhattan Beach March|
The ASO's First Commercial CD
June 5-August 28, 2016
Free For Everyone!
June 20-, 2016
Gabriela Montero, piano