Events« All Events
38th Annual Austin Symphony H-E-B July 4th Concert & Fireworks
- Moving to Circuit of The Americas For One Year!
- July 4, 2014 8:30 PM
- where: Circuit of The Americas directions
- conductor: Peter Bay
Spend this Independence Day with thousands of your closest friends and your Austin Symphony Orchestra at the beautiful Circuit of The Americas (COTA)! While Auditorium Shores is under renovation, COTA has generously offered to host the Austin Symphony Orchestra’s July 4th concert and fireworks. Thousands of Central Texans will hurry to claim prime viewing with the Austin Symphony Orchestra this July 4th for one of the largest Independence Day Celebrations in the state. The spectacular H-E-B Austin Symphony 38th Annual July 4th Concert and Fireworks is planned, produced, and performed entirely by the Austin Symphony Orchestra, with the help of our generous sponsors. Tens of thousands of families will be decked out in red, white, and blue and heading to COTA’s award-winning Austin360 Amphitheater for an amazing event complete with a fireworks display, symphonic patriotic classics, and even a little auto-themed music for the race fans in attendance.
COTA will host a variety of fun, old-fashioned July 4th holiday activities, including interactive games and contests for the whole family, starting at 4:00 PM. The orchestra will perform at 8:30 p.m., followed by “mile-high” fireworks at approximately 9:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
If you can’t make it out or wish to listen from your device, tune into our media sponsor, Majic 95.5 FM, as they will be simulcasting the concert. Tell your family and friends to mark their calendars now. This is the one outdoor event this year you do not want to miss! So grab a picnic and a blanket, and join us at COTA to celebrate your Independence!
Quick “Day Of” Information
Below are quick bits of information regarding the July 4th.
• Parking lots open at 3 p.m.
• Free parking in COTA Lot F. See map
• Up-close parking available on Lots A, C & H for $10. See map
• Gates open and COTA activities begin at 4 p.m.
• Concert begins at 8:30 p.m.
• Fireworks begins approximately at 9:30 p.m.
• Austin360 Amphitheater general and lawn seating is open to the public on a first come, first serve basis.
• Other lawn areas are open and can be used by any one on a first come, first serve basis.
• On-site camping is available. Pricing will be announced at a later date.
• If you’re interested in RV camping, click here
• Food and drink will be available for purchase at the Circuit of The Americas
Circuit of The Americas Family Activities All activities are free except the Go Karts and Tower Tours.
• Go Karts ($20)
• Tower Tours ($15)
• Inflatable slide
• Inflatable water slide
• Face Painting
• Balloon Twisting
• Strider Course
• Misting / Water Zone
• Sidewalk Chalk
• Stilt Walker
Click here for a map of where to find these activities.
For ADA accessibility information, please click here
Reminders and Allowed/Prohibited Items
The following items will not be permitted inside the gates of Circuit of The Americas during major sports and entertainment events. In addition to items specifically listed here, other items that may be deemed to present a potential hindrance or threat may also be prohibited.
• Alcoholic Beverages
• Animals (exception for certified service animals)
• Bags or parcels larger than 12X12X20 inches
• Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, skates, segways, golf carts or other unauthorized means of transportation (Bikes are permitted but under certain COTA restrictions. Click here for details)
• Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material
• Fireworks, explosives or other incendiary devices
• Glass or metal containers of any style
• Illegal substances
• Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, Frisbees, balloons, projectiles, horns, radios, bells, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, etc.)
• Large, golf-type umbrellas
• Non-collapsible chairs
• Tents or canopies
• Video cameras, audio recording devices and tripods; no video recording will be allowed
• Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray, handcuffs, nightsticks or other items
The following items will be permitted inside the circuit gates.
• Picnic baskets or coolers with food and non-alcoholic beverages in sealed plastic containers
• Umbrellas (small, hand-held style)
• Baby strollers
• Portable, collapsible chairs
• Personal camera equipment (e.g. digital cameras, point-and-click digital cameras or film cameras)
About Circuit of The Americas
Circuit of The Americas (COTA) in Austin, Texas, is the home of world championships and a world-class destination for premium sports and entertainment. COTA’s marquee event, the FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX was awarded 2013 “Sports Event of the Year” by SportsBusiness Journal/Daily, and the same publication named the venue a finalist for 2014 “Sports Facility of the Year.” Additionally, COTA is the new North American home for the summer edition of ESPN’s X Games. More than one million visitors come to COTA each year for events such as MotoGP™, the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, the FIA World Endurance Championships, business and social functions, and more than 20 performances at the venue’s acclaimed Austin360 Amphitheater, winner of Pollstar’s “Best New Major Concert Venue” award for 2013. COTA’s 1,500-acre campus includes a variety of permanent structures, including a 44,000-square foot Event Center, an impressive Main Grandstand with hospitality suites and the Velocity Lounge, a 270,000-square foot Paddock Building with 34 garages, and an iconic 25-story Observation Tower at the heart of the facility. For more information and downloadable video and photos, visit: www.CircuitofTheAmericas.com, www.Austin360Amphitheater.com or COTA’s dedicated FTP site, media.circuitoftheamericas.com. Follow COTA on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CircuitofTheAmericas and Twitter
circuitamericas and COTAmedia.
HOW TO STAY CONNECTED AND RECEIVE UP TO DATE INFORMATION
Austin Symphony Orchestra website: www.austinsymphony.org
Follow the Austin Symphony Orchestra on Facebook or Twitter
For up to date information download our FREE mobile app for Apple or Android devices.
You can also simply visit our website on your smartphone device and it will automatically prompt you to download the app.
Click here for a map of Circuit of The Americas
The H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert & Fireworks will be back at Auditorium Shores July of 2015.
|John Stafford Smith (arr. Damrosch)||The Star-Spangled Banner|
|Jack Roberts||Into the Light|
|George OldzIiey||Wing Commander Suite|
|Randy Newman||The Big Race from "Cars"|
|Jeff Tyzik||The Great Westerns Suite|
|Jeff Tyzik||Armed Forces Song Medley|
|Pytor Tchaikovsky||Overture 1812, Op. 49|
|Philip Sousa||The Stars and Stripes Forever|
|Philip Sousa||The Thunderer|
|Philip Sousa||The King Cotton March|
|Edwin Eugene Bagley||National Emblem March|
The ASO's First Commercial CD
April 1, 2015
presented by the Austin Symphony and Long Center for the Performing Arts
April 10-11, 2015
Pieces by Dvořák, Elgar & Previn